Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Stylish Sheds

Last year while looking for a birthday present for a friend, I came upon Debra Prinzing's book Stylish Sheds and Elegant Hideaways  (Clarkston Potter). I bought it thinking it would be good inspiration for the inside of the conservatory.  Little did I know how far that purchase would take me.  I sent Debra a photo of our Stylish Outhouse Scotty created for our Sweet on Spring event, thanking her for the inspiration. ( I LOVE blogs for this reason, It is so easy to meet and interact with like-minded people) She called me yesterday and asked if she could do a blog post on Scotty's outhouse and our little garden. 

FLATTER ME! L.A. garden writer wants to write about my tiny, albeit groovy, garden shop. Okay, calm down, it's just a blog post.  Well, all I can say is it feels good to have your work noticed ( it's mostly Scotty's work).  I'll let you in on a little secret, Since College, It has been a dream for my gardens/garden shop to be in a national magazine.  It's not an active pursuit, but someday the gardens may be ready. As all gardeners know, this will take a lifetime, but what a life.

  Thank you Deb.

6 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Congrats! Off to read post now....

And your garden/shop is most definitely magazine worthy!

Brighid said...

Congrats on your mag post. What a cute shed by a very talented couple. Wish I was closer, your garden shop sounds like my kind of place.

perpetualpillows.com said...

I predict that your dream of having a story on your garden in a national magazine is closer than you think. The creative energy at Living in the Garden is so worthy of national recognition!

Lorene Edwards Forkner said...

Suzanne - I am so excited to find you via Debra!!! Ah that internet, it's like a small town some days!

Years ago you and I spoke shortly after I made a display garden for the NWF&G show in 2003 entitled "Blurring the Boundaries or...how to live in the Garden" The garden was home to my sweet little teardrop trailer and about a million plants.

This is so exciting to see what your nursery has grown into. I can't wait to stop by and visit your nursery on my next roadtrip to Eastern Washington.

You can see what I'm up to these days at Plantedathome.com.
Cheers,
Lorene Edwards Forkner

debra said...

I just had to circle back 'round and see what folks were saying, Suzanne. Lo and behold, Lorene Edwards Forkner has visited. I kept thinking of her while you and I spoke. You two are kindred spirits! deb

Living in the Garden said...

Oh Debra,
You have no Idea! My buddy Marianna Metke
called me and asked If I had seen the teardrop trailer display at the NWFG show, she said "it's called
Living in the Garden or something like that"

WELL THE NAME SHOUTED AT ME AND THAT'S HOW I NAMED MY BUSINESS

a crazy, tiny world we spin on..
Thanks for introducing us!
Suzanne