Sunday, May 31, 2009

ART IN THE GARDEN-KATHERINE CLANCY

 

Katherine Clancy

Katherine has dabbled in art for most of her life. She began a serious pursuit in learning watercolor painting in 1992, taking private lessons with Linda Wallace. While Kat still does predominantly watercolor she also likes to experiment and challenge herself with other mediums. She is a member of the Palouse Watercolor Socius, Idaho Watercolor Society and Women’s Caucus for the Arts. Her work has been juried into the Idaho Watercolor Society annual show and the Spokane Watercolor Society Show.

“I paint watercolors because I enjoy the loose, impressionistic style that can be the result. My personal challenge is always to be ‘loosen up’! I experiment in other mediums to stretch myself creatively and find new approaches and techniques I can apply to my watercolor paintings. I paint for my own enjoyment and hope my paintings tell the viewers a story or touch them in a meaningfully way.”

Kat currently shares a studio at the Artisan Barn in Uniontown, WA. Her work is showcased in the studio and she and all of the artists at the Barn welcome visitors to observe the creative process. The Barn is open Thursday through Sunday, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. For more information go to:  www.artisanbarn.org

3 comments:

High Desert Design Council said...

Suzanne,

Girlfriend trip is.....ON !

See you Saturday at Living in the Gardens!

High Desert Diva said...

Clearly, I'm not paying attention to how I'm signed in to Blogger....!

debra said...

HI Suzanne and Scotty ~ best wishes for a beautiful Art in the Garden event - you have curated an incredibly talented gathering of artists and I wish I could be there! PS, thanks for your note - and your gorgeous photo cards!
sending good wishes,
debra